Thursday, November 17, 2011

The Lost Radio Rounders

The Lost Radio Rounders



The Lost Radio Rounders are a duo from Albany, NY. They play all the old Carter family music and some other stuff too. They'll be at Americana Tuesdays on November 22nd.

***

Americana in Europe



Vermont Joy Parade, Americana Music Club visitors, are currently on tour in Europe! Of all places. They say Europeans love Americana music. Wow. The Vermont guys were busking one day, when who should see them but a guy named Jared Leto. There's a picture of him above. My girlfriend loves him from My So Called Life. I like his outfit in this picture, taken in Paris. Leto has a band called 30 Seconds to Mars, and he asked the Vermont Joy Parade to join him on a stadium tour. Go Vermont people! Good job. They will be visiting the little old Americana Music Club again this spring we hope. Maybe they will bring Jared Leto.

http://vermontjoyparade.com/

***
Deep Thoughts

"As Russell recalls it: 'I went to Miles's famous house on West Seventy-seventh Street and was about to ring the bell when I saw a sign on the door. It reads: "Don't push this bell. If you push this bell, it's war. I feel tired in my mind, I feel tired in my body; you can call me if you have something; you can call my business manager, but don't ring the bell!" I rang the bell anyway-no reply-but I took the sign with me." -George Russell, in Eric Nisenson's very fine text, The Making of Kind of Blue

No comments:

Post a Comment